Monday, January 14, 2013

5 Vegas Series 'A' ANIMAL 5 pack Maduro

I just smoked my first Animal to as I got it in today.

Just a few words from the 5 VEGAS people:

Length: 4.5" Ring: 60 Country: Honduras FULL FLAVOR
This limited-edition cigar from 5 Vegas is a breed all its own. Crafted utilizing the same juicy recipe as the Series 'A' line, this hearty maduro brings even more complex flavor in spades, thanks to its exclusive shape. Carefully handmade in Honduras, this `bowling pin-shaped' figurado comes draped in a black Costa Rican maduro wrapper, drenched with oils and gorgeous to the eye. This scrumptious leaf houses a 3-country core of 4-year-aged long-leaf tobaccos before being set down for an additional six month slumber. This patient blending and aging pairs well with the bulbous shape, unleashing big-time depth and flavor that continually evolves during the burn. Dense white smoke contains hints of chocolate, earth, spices, toast, and natural sweetness. The finish is long and satisfying, but never lingers beyond its welcome. A feral creature primed for the senses, you won't be disappointed by the Animal.

Now my Review:

Appearance : I give it 5 out of 5.
The sleek taper with the midriff bump is perfect for the short smoke with full body.

Construction : I give it 5 out of 5
I punched it with a tiny punch cutter and the draw is stellar. The construction is above par with the popularity of this cigar. Well made, a little firm but not too much. The foot was perfect.

Flavor : I give it 5 out of 5 ( give it 20 if I could but I have a thing for strong Maduros)

 This cigar has a strong Cuban tobacco taste at cold.

One of my favorite aspects of this ANIMAL cigars is their ability to deliver bold, rich flavors without attacking and overwhelming the palate with a sharp edge or out of balance flavor.

Sweet and earthy notes of espresso and dark chocolate linger on the palate. The richness, balance, and smoothness of these dark flavors add a unique and profound depth to the cigar. Halfway through, the full strength at the beginning of the cigar ramps up to full throughout the entire cigar. The earthy character gains intensity as the once prominent espresso and chocolate drop into the background.

AWESOME smoke.

Value : I give it 5 out of 5

This ANIMAL is pretty much priced right in line with most other Cuban robustos. Of course that price varies greatly from market to market.

Overall Rating : 5 out of 5 (again 20 but limited in production)

This was a stunning cigar with great complexity and balance. The only drawback is the limited quantities of these cigar.

I bought what several pack for myself as soon as I knew it was limited, and will kick myself for not buying more in this first order. Oh well, go out and find one if you can and let me know what you think, I bet you will be impressed as much as me.



No comments:

Post a Comment